Our Early Childhood Program (ages 3-7), Preschool & Lower Elementary, is designed to offer our children a developmentally appropriate and stimulating experience in a safe and nurturing environment. It utilizes an integrated approach to learning that promotes intellectual, language, physical, social/emotional and aesthetic development in all our young children. Through this program, we are committed to:
- Build on each child’s experience and knowledge to make learning meaningful and to develop a life-long enthusiasm for learning.
- Provide a stimulating educational environment with opportunities to learn in a variety of formal and informal contexts.
- Provide a safe and caring environment that encourages independence and curiosity thereby supporting the development of self-confidence.
- Integrate subjects in a meaningful way, giving opportunities to practice skills and concepts on real-life situations.
A major component of our Early Childhood Curriculum is the Early Literacy Program enhanced through class-based libraries. It is an individualized learning experience where children will become fluent readers who can problem-solve strategically and independently. Teachers will work closely with individual young readers, assessing their abilities and designing their learning according to their individual levels and needs. The objectives of the Early Literacy Program are as follows:
- Learners would be able to develop and use reading strategies so that they can read progressively difficult texts independently.
- Learners will be able to read for meaning.
- Learners will be able to problem-solve with new text independently.
- The program will be delivered using stimulating and challenging approaches that encourage our learners to develop an early love for reading.